BANH TRANG CUON THIT: DA NANG – STYLE SLICED PORK ROLLED WITH RICE PAPER
Da Nang-style sliced pork rolled with rice paper is always among the top culinary recommendations for those who seek a unique and savory experience when visiting Central Vietnam. While it may appear simple at first glance, the true art lies in taste.
What makes Da Nang-style sliced pork rolled with rice paper so special?
This dish is not entirely unfamiliar, as you can enjoy it anywhere in Vietnam. It is a combination of thinly sliced, tender, and flavorful pork, accompanied by fragrant herbs, refreshing cucumber, the mild sourness of starfruit, and the slight bitterness of green banana. All of these ingredients are wrapped in soft rice paper, then dipped in the sauce to create a delightful symphony of flavors.
In Da Nang, the essence of this dish truly is in its dipping sauce, known as mam nem. The Da Nang-style dipping sauce is a culinary gem that is very unique and hard to find elsewhere. The perfect balance of spicy chili, aromatic garlic, and the subtle sweet and sour taste of finely minced pineapple distinguish this specialty from its counterparts. If you have a chance to enjoy this cuisine in different Vietnamese regions, you may these differences.If you’re wondering where to go to enjoy this savory specialty, below are our top recommendations when you visit Da Nang.
Top 5 Delicious Restaurants to Try “Sliced Pork Rolled With Rice Paper” in Da Nang
1. Am thuc Nam Hien
- Address: 46 Phan Thanh, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 10:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Price range: 50,000 VND – 100,000 VND
2. (Bà Mua)
- Address: 93 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price range: 65,000 VND – 80,000 VND
3. Quan Mau
- Address: 35 Do Thuc Tinh, Cam Le, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Price range: 60,000 VND – 165,000 VND
4. Dac san Tran
- Address: 4 Le Duan, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Price range: 70,000 VND – 165,000 VND
5. Dac san Ba Mua (Bà Mụa)
- Address: 19-21 Tran Binh Trong, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM
- Price range: 25,000 VND – 44,000 VND