Step 1: Check-in
Upon arriving at Da Nang International Terminal, the first task for passengers is to complete the check-in process to receive the boarding pass. There are two options available:
Option 1: Traditional check-in
To start the check-in process, you can check the electronic board for your airline on the second floor and find your right counter based on flight details. After that, please kindly follow the staff’s guidance:
- Present the electronic ticket and personal documents (passport, visa, if required).
- Check-in luggage and place it on the conveyor belt for weighing.
- Collect the boarding pass and personal documents, and check the essential information, such as gate numbers and boarding times.
Option 2: Self-Service Check-in
In addition to the traditional method, Da Nang International Terminal offers automated services to save time. These services are especially useful for group travel or peak hours. However, these self-services are only limited to certain airlines, so passengers should check beforehand. Below are some automated amenities that may be helpful:
- Self-service check-in kiosks.
- Self-bag drop
Moreover, there are multi-language options on the screen display, ensuring seamless guidance for all passengers. In case of assistance, the terminal’s Passenger Assistant Team (PAT) is always available. Recognizable in their distinctive blue T-shirts and “here to help” slogan, the PAT members are eager to provide detailed guidance for any questions that may arise.
Note that check-in counters open three hours before departure and close 50 minutes before departure. Passengers should arrive on time for a smooth and comfortable process.
After completing the check-in process, passengers can move to the departure area through the middle entrance on the second floor.
Step 2: Departure immigration
When proceeding through the departure immigration process, please have your travel documents, like a passport and boarding pass, ready for inspection. To facilitate a swift process, kindly remove your mask, hat, and glasses during this process.
We kindly request that trolleys and photography be refrained from in this area.
For the convenience of passengers with official passports and flight crew members, an Autogate system is conveniently located on the right side. Passengers can take advantage of it to speed up the process.
Next, it’s time for the security check.
Step 3: Security check
Upon reaching the security checkpoint, passengers are required to remove outer items for scanning and place them in the provided trays. Your carry-on items will undergo screening on the conveyor belt while you proceed through a metal detector gate.
To ensure a seamless process, it is essential to be aware of the following carry-on rules:
- Maximum weight for carry-ons: 7kg, with dimensions under 115cm (56 x 36 x 23cm).
- Small personal items, such as laptops, handbags, cameras, and duty-free items (up to 3kg), are permissible.
- Liquids must be in 100ml containers, with a maximum of 1 liter per person.
- Odorous or perishable food items must be securely sealed, and the containers should be tightly taped shut.
- Except for baby food, special dietary items and medications must be accompanied by certified medical prescriptions
- The following items are strictly prohibited on board: flammable and explosive substances, sharp metal objects, weapons, including replicas and toys, sports equipment, camera tripods, etc.
We appreciate your cooperation in ensuring a safe and efficient screening process. Thank you for your understanding.
Step 4: Customs
This step is necessary for two scenarios:
- Passengers carrying cash exceeding 15,000,000 VND or an equivalent amount in another currency. In that case, passengers must proceed to the customs area to declare it at the Foreign Currency Reporting Counter.
- Passengers are eligible for a VAT refund. This procedure applies to foreign travelers, excluding flight crew members on journeys from Vietnam to other countries, who have made purchases at recognized VAT refund stores in Vietnam and are carrying these items on board.
Once the procedure is complete, you’ll have spare time to enjoy before your flight.
Step 5: Relax and enjoy your waiting time
During the pre-boarding period, passengers can indulge in various activities. Whether unwinding in the tranquil massage area, immersing themselves in cultural performances at the “Heritage Road”, de-stressing with full-body care services at the spa, or leisurely shopping at duty-free stores, here you can find everything you need.
Designed to meet the diverse needs of passengers, our terminal also provides a wide range of amenities to cater to specific passenger groups. These offerings include a workstation with computers for business travelers, six vibrant children’s areas with different themes, a prayer room for religious passengers, and user-friendly baby strollers to aid parents in seamless mobility.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or returning to Da Nang International Terminal, we guarantee an experience that is not only satisfying but also all-encompassing
Step 6: Boarding
The gate number is indicated on your ticket, and any updates will be displayed on electronic boards. So it is advisable to check both sources to ensure you head to the correct designated gate.
From the security checkpoint, you can:
- Turn left for departure gates 4 and 5 on the same floor (Level 2) and gates 1-3 on the ground floor.
- Turn right for departure gates 6 and 7 on the same floor (Level 2) and gates 8-10 on the ground floor.
At the boarding gate, airline staff will verify your boarding pass and identification documents. If everything is in order, you will follow instructions to board the aircraft, either via a jet bridge or shuttle.
May your journey be smooth and pleasant!
Da Nang International Terminal
Address: Da Nang International Airport, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 (236) 381 7878
Follow us to explore more!
Digital Guidebook: https://explore.danangairportterminal.vn