Before planning your Da Nang’s 7-day-trip
Whether you’re eager to dive deeper into the local cuisine and culture or immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of the region, there’s something for everyone. Depending on your preferences, there is no one-size-fits-all plan.
For those seeking a relaxing and rejuvenating getaway with family, friends, or even some personal time, Da Nang and Hue are the top two destinations to consider for a memorable week off.
On the other hand, if you’re an adventurous soul passionate about exploration and discovering new routes while fully experiencing the local culture, there are countless treasures awaiting your exploration. To make the most of your 7-day discovery vacation, we recommend allocating at least 1-2 days to each of the following destinations:
- 2 days in Da Nang
- 1 day in Hoi An
- 2 days in Hue
- 1 day in Phong Nha Ke Bang (Phong Nha Cave)
Throughout this blog post, we’ll guide you to all the must-visit places and the corresponding activities that you shouldn’t miss. With this information at hand, you can craft a customized itinerary that perfectly matches your travel style. Let’s dive in and uncover the wonders that await!
Top recommended destinations to visit in Da Nang
Da Nang is not only a modern and thriving city but also a magnet for tourists due to its breathtaking landscapes and diverse cuisine. This promising land offers unforgettable experiences, from serene coastal scenes perfect for sightseeing to spiritual places for an inward journey.
Here are some standout places you should definitely consider when visiting Da Nang:
- Da Nang’s beaches: The city’s beaches are must-visit destinations where you can immerse yourself in the cool and gentle waves and enjoy various beach sports and beachside activities. Our top recommendations are My Khe, Non Nuoc, Nam O, Xuan Thieu, or Bac My An Beach. You can find their surrounding resorts to enjoy them to the fullest.
- Marble Mountains: It is always among the top tourist destinations in Da Nang, where a great number of unique caves and marble formations will leave you in awe. It also interconnects with many wonderful nearby places like the Son Tra Peninsula and its Nature Reserve, Non Nuoc Beach, Ban Co Peak, and mysterious caves.
- Local Pagodas and Temples: Da Nang is renowned for its numerous sacred temples. These spiritual landmarks offer poetic scenery, open spaces, and fresh air, making them ideal for sightseeing, worship, and reconnection with the inner self. If you are interested in spiritual discovery, don’t miss out on Linh Ung Pagoda – Bai But, Linh Ung Pagoda – Son Tra, etc.
- Famous Tourist Spots: Apart from natural beauty, you can also explore unique tourist attractions such as Ba Na Hills, Asia Park, and Nui Than Tai hot mineral springs.
- Da Nang’s Iconic Bridges: Known as the city of bridges, Da Nang has a variety of fascinating bridges, including the Dragon Bridge, Love Bridge, Han River Bridge, and Swinging Bridge. Each has its own uniqueness, providing many Instagram-worthy settings for photography enthusiasts.
To visit all of these amazing places, you might need more than just 2 days. However, if you decide to follow our recommended 2-day itinerary for Da Nang, it’s essential to prioritize what appeals to you the most, as some locations can be quite far from each other.
Considering the time constraint, focus on the attractions that truly capture your interest and align with your preferences. This way, you can make the most of your limited time and create a meaningful and enjoyable experience in Da Nang. Remember, it’s not about checking off every spot on the list but cherishing the moments you spend at the places that resonate with you the most.
Top 7 unmissable tourist spots to visit in Hoi An
Hoi An Ancient Town is the perfect intersection of the present and the past, offering a vibrant and lively atmosphere alongside the unique rustic charm hidden within its architecture and cultural beauty. It’s a place where you can experience the best of both worlds.
For an enriching visit to Hoi An, we recommend dedicating at least 1 full day to exploring its captivating day and night beauty. Each moment holds its own magic and is equally worth experiencing.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the top-ranked local destinations in Hoi An that you shouldn’t miss out on:
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
- My Son Sanctuary (Thanh Dia My Son)
- Cu Lao Cham (Cham Island)
- Sa Huynh Culture Museum (Bao tang van hoa Sa Huynh)
- Bay Mau Coconut Forest (Rung dua Bay Mau)
Each of these places carries its own allure and significance, offering a delightful glimpse into Hoi An’s rich history and cultural heritage. The best part is that some of these destinations are conveniently close to each other, making it easy for you to explore them all.
Top 11 tourist destinations to visit in Hue, Vietnam’s Ancient Capital
Hue is not just an ordinary destination; it embodies Vietnam’s historical and cultural zenith. This captivating city offers a remarkable opportunity to delve into various royal art forms, where traditional and everyday life cultures are elevated into masterpieces. From awe-inspiring architecture to mesmerizing cultural performances, exquisite craftsmanship, and intriguing exhibitions, Hue holds countless hidden gems waiting to be explored.
In our view, if you have a lot of time to spare, spending at least 2 days in Hue will enrich your vacation experience. Below, we have curated our top choices to enhance your Hue discovery journey, ensuring you don’t miss any of the following:
- Hue Imperial City (Dai Noi Hue)
- Royal Tombs of Hue – The tombs of the 7 Emperors (Lang tam Hue)
- Truc Lam Bach Ma Monastery (Thien vien Truc Lam Bach Ma)
- Perfume River (Song Huong)
- Vong Canh Hill (Doi Vong Canh)
- Ngu Binh Mountain (Nui Ngu Binh)
- Trang Tien Bridge (Cau Trang Tien)
- Thien Mu Pagoda (Chua Thien Mu)
- Thien An Hill – Thuy Tien Lake (Doi Thien An – Ho Thuy Tien)
- Hue Royal Fine Arts Museum (Bao tang My thuat Cung dinh Hue)
- Hai Van Pass (Đeo Hai Van)
Top 6 fascinating experiences in Phong Nha - Ke Bang
As you continue your journey through Central Vietnam, consider making Phong Nha – Ke Bang your final destination. Here, you’ll have the extraordinary opportunity to step into a natural wonder recognized by UNESCO – the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park.
The beauty and tranquility of this place will leave you amazed, and the refreshing ambiance will rejuvenate your spirit. Whether you’re exploring the enchanting caves or strolling along the poetic water streams, every moment spent in Phong Nha – Ke Bang is sure to be filled with wonder and surprise.
When you are in Phong Nha – Ke Bang, don’t miss the chance to explore the following natural gems:
- Paradise Cave (Dong Thien Duong)
- Phong Nha Cave (Dong Phong Nha)
- Tien Son Cave (Dong Tien Son)
- Mooc Water Stream (Suoi nuoc Mooc)
- Chay River – Dark Cave (Song Chay – Hang Toi)
- Ozo Park
Phong Nha – Ke Bang is a destination that promises an unforgettable adventure, where nature’s beauty takes center stage and leaves a lasting impression on your heart and soul. We highly recommend spending at least 1 to 2 days here to end your journey in high pitch, relaxation, and joy before heading to Da Nang and preparing for departure.
At Da Nang International Terminal, we are eagerly awaiting your arrival, ready to provide you with a warm and hospitable welcome. Let us be your gateway to an extraordinary journey filled with unforgettable experiences and cherished memories. See you soon!
Da Nang International Terminal
Address: Da Nang International Airport, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 (236) 381 7878
Follow us to explore more!
Digital Guidebook: https://explore.danangairportterminal.vn