Top recommended dishes and eateries from dawn to dusk
Must-try dishes for breakfast
1. Mi Quang (Quang-style noodles): The signature delight of Da Nang
When it comes to culinary treasures that captivate both locals and visitors, Mi Quang is always among the best due to its flavors and visual deliciousness. And believe us, it is a gastronomic experience that is second to none, which either satisfies your taste buds or boosts your energy for the whole day trip ahead.
Within a bowl of Mi Quang, thick and shiny noodles can be topped with many kinds of mouthwatering ingredients like pork, chicken, shrimp, Vietnamese sausage, or all of them, depending on your choice. The enhancement of the perfect balance between fresh herbs, a hint of chili, crunchy roasted peanuts, and rice crackers, all soaked in the savory broth, also makes this dish irresistible.
Top eateries for savoring the best and most authentic Mi Quang in Da Nang:
- Quan Ba Mua: 95A Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, Thanh Khe District (close to Da Nang International Terminal).
- Quan Ba Vi: 166 Le Dinh Duong Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Huong Que: 78 Phan Thanh Street, Thanh Khe District.
→ Find out more at: Mi Quang in Da Nang
2. Banh Canh Ruong (Thick noodle soup): A simple delight
Banh Canh Ruong is a thick noodle soup crafted from either rice flour, tapioca flour, or a blend of the two to achieve the right level of chewiness. The highlight of this dish is the broth, which has many variants depending on where you dine. It can be a broth simmered with beef bones, pork, or fish, each imparting its own unique sweetness.
To amplify the taste, you can enjoy this dish with different kinds of toppings, for example, fish cake, pig’s trotter, fish, etc.
Top eateries for savoring the best Banh Canh Ruong in Da Nang:
- Quan Ha Thi Than: 20 Ha Thi Than Street, Son Tra District.
- Quan Thuan Phuoc footbridge: Le Van Duyet Street, Son Tra District.
- Quan Phuong: 47 Ha Thi Than Street, Son Tra District.
3. Bun bo (Noodles with beef): A local twist on Hue’s iconic cuisine
Originating from Hue, this dish underwent a delightful transformation to cater to the local palate. That is why, if you find the culinary culture of Da Nang your cup of tea, you’ll undoubtedly yearn for this dish when you return to your hometown.
The most distinctive change lies in the thinner, elongated vermicelli noodles and the flavorful, spicy satay-infused broth. Moreover, it is always generously topped to ensure a delightful experience for all. And don’t forget to personalize your taste by adding condiments available on the table, such as shrimp paste, pickled purple onions, and salted shallots.
Top eateries for savoring the best Bun Bo in Da Nang:
- Quan Ba Thuy: 157 Trung Nu Vuong Street, Binh Thuan Ward, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Ba Dieu: 17 Tran Tong Street, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District.
- Quan Chi Hong: 145 Ngu Hanh Son Street, Bac My An Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District.
→ Find out more at: Bun Bo in Da Nang
Must-try dishes for lunch
1. Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo (Sliced pork rolled with rice paper): A roll of savouriness
This dish features tender pork combined with various fresh greens, all wrapped together in a thin rice paper and paired with a bold and spicy dipping sauce.
At first glance, it may appear simple, but achieving perfection with this dish is no easy feat. The pork must be expertly sliced to maintain its thinness and tenderness, with just the right amount of fat intermingling with the meat. Furthermore, the dipping sauce recipe is also important to ensure it forms a perfect pairing that elevates the overall experience.
That is why, to savor its finest flavors, you must pay a visit to the renowned local restaurants and eateries that have mastered the art of preparing this dish for generations. Below are our top recommendations based on the locals’ reviews!
Top eateries for savoring the best Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo in Da Nang:
- Quan Nam Hien: 46 Phan Thanh Street, Thanh Khe District.
- Quan Ba Mua: 93 Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Mau: 35 Do Thuc Tinh Street, Cam Le District.
→ Find out more at: Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo in Da Nang
2. Be Thui Cau Mong (Cau Mong smoked calf): A local culinary gem
Cau Mong is a Da Nang’s village that is renowned for its signature smoked calf dish. What makes this dish stand out is the combination of the crisp exterior and the luscious meat within. Additionally, an array of fresh greens, delectable side dishes, and a savory, spicy dipping sauce come together to perfect the balance and elevate the overall flavor.
While this dish is a delightful choice for both lunch and dinner, we highly recommend trying it during lunchtime. This ensures you have ample time to savor every bite and replenish your energy for the afternoon adventures that await.
Top eateries for savoring the best Be Thui Cau Mong in Da Nang:
- Quan Huong: 18 Le Quy Don Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Ro: 8 Bac Son Street, Cam Le District
- Quan Lao Hac: 128 Nguyen Phan Vinh Street, Son Tra District.
→ Find out more at: Be Thui Cau Mong in Da Nang
3. Com Hen (Glam rice): A casual taste of Da Nang
In Da Nang, Com Hen is a culinary treasure that promises to tantalize your taste buds with its exceptional blend of flavors. This dish features the richness of savory baby clams, a clear and subtly sweet broth, fragrant sticky rice, and the delightful crunch of pork rinds. These elements harmonize beautifully to craft an alluring and irresistible flavor that will make you crave more.
Top eateries for savoring the best Com Hen in Da Nang:
- Quan Thanh: 105 Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Le Do Pasteur: 93 Le Do Street, Thanh Khe District.
- Quan Con Hen: 258 Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District.
→ Find out more at: Com Hen in Da Nang
Must-try dishes for dinner
1. Fresh seafood: The unmissable oceanic delights
When you explore this coastal city, indulging in seafood is an absolute must. Here, seafood is renowned for its exceptional quality, freshness, and affordability, all thanks to direct catches from the sea. It’s worth noting that Vietnamese culinary techniques and seasonings can vary significantly from those in your home country. We highly recommend giving them a try for a delightful comparison.
Among the locals’ beloved seafood dishes are grilled salted squid, baked scallops with cheese, and steamed clams with lemongrass, just to name a few. We’ll leave it to your taste buds to discover your personal favorite.
Top eateries for savoring the best seafood in Da Nang:
- Quan Pho: 51 Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Ngu Hanh Son District.
- Quan Moc: 26 To Hien Thanh Street, Son Tra District.
- Quan Ba Thoi: 109-97 Le Dinh Duong Street, Hai Chau District.
2. Cao Lau: A local culinary heritage
Cao Lau is a harmonious blend of aromatic rice noodles, thinly sliced pork, crispy fried rice noodles, fresh greens, and a distinctively flavorful broth. This dish is more than a special treat; it is associated with the pride of bygone centuries and holds a different meaning for the central regions of Vietnam.
→ Find out more at: Cao Lau in Da Nang
Top eateries for savoring the best Cao Lau in Da Nang:
- Quan Phuoc: K18 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street, Son Tra District.
- Quan Hoai Pho: 255 Nguyen Tri Thanh Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Chay Hung Vuong: 148 Le Thanh Nghi Street, Hai Chau District.
3. Pha Lau (Intestine and Organ Stew): A strange delight of street food for a chilling evening
Pha Lau is the perfect street food to comfort your soul on cool evenings. Visiting a Pha Lau eatery, relishing a steaming bowl, and savoring it with crispy bread will make you completely forget about the weather outside. Regardless of the temperature, once you’ve tasted this delightful treat, you won’t mind.
Top eateries for savoring the best Pha Lau in Da Nang:
- Quan Thuy: 57 Nguyen Huy Tuong Street, Lien Chieu District.
- Quan Tuk Tuk: 231 Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Son Tra District.
- Quan Nga: K77/12 Le Do Street, Thanh Khe District.
Must-try dishes for snack time
1. Banh Trang Kep (Rice paper sandwich): A daily street snack
Da Nang’s Banh Trang Kep is an irresistible treat that you can savor at any time of the day. This dish features rice paper sheets grilled with aromatic scallion-infused oil, creating an enticing aroma. It’s then generously topped with eye-catching ingredients, ranging from eggs, pate, shredded pork, sausages, beef jerky, to crispy shallots. The result is a delightful fusion of crispy and creamy textures that will have you savoring every bite.
Top eateries for savoring the best Banh Trang Kep in Da Nang:
- Quan Co Ty: 172 Le Dinh Duong Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Co The: K34/4 Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Di Phuong: 295 Huy Can Street, Cam Le District.
2. Mit tron (Mixed jackfruit): A Unique Snack of Da Nang
Mixed jackfruit is an exclusive snack of the Central region. This delectable dish starts with ripe jackfruit, boiled to tender perfection, and then shredded into delicate strips. It’s then mixed with pork skin, thinly sliced pork belly, Vietnamese coriander, and roasted peanuts, resulting in a visually appealing and delightful experience. The dish is a combination of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors that make it incredibly addictive if you give it a try!
Top eateries for savoring the best mixed jackfruit in Da Nang:
- Quan Ba Gia: 47 Ly Thai To Street, Thanh Khe District.
- Quan Hanh: 277 Dong Da Street, Hai Chau District.
- Quan Di Lan: 362 Hoang Dieu, Hai Chau District.
3. Che (Sweet soup): countless flavors of surprise
Additionally, it’s an excellent choice for cooling down on a hot day. In Da Nang, you’ll discover a diverse array of sweet soups, featuring specialties like Che Bap (corn pudding), Che Sau Rieng (durian sweet soup), Che Dua Dam (coconut sweet soup), Che Chuoi Nuong (grilled banana sweet soup), and Che Khuc Bach (Khuc Bach sweet gruel), etc.
Top eateries for savoring the best sweet soup in Da Nang:
- Che Lien: 189 Hoang Dieu Street, Hai Chau District.
- Che Xuan Trang: 358 Kinh Duong Vuong Street, Lien Chieu District.
- Ngoc Thach Quan: 54 Nai Nam Street, Hai Chau District.
Last but not least, be sure to check out our culinary section at Da Nang special cuisines. Here, you’ll find a treasure trove of culinary delights waiting to be explored in Da Nang City.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Da Nang International Terminal
Address: Da Nang International Airport, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 (236) 381 7878
Follow us to explore more!
Digital Guidebook: https://explore.danangairportterminal.vn