Step 1: Immigration
Upon landing at Da Nang International Terminal, passengers should follow signs for “Arrival – Ga đến” to reach the ground floor, where the immigration process will start. Here, prepare your passport, travel documents and join the queue. Below are some additional advices you can do in advance to facilitate the process:
- Remove your mask, hat, and sunglasses to clearly show your face.
- Present your boarding pass, passport, and visa (if applicable).
- Retrieve your stamped and confirmed entry passport.
Apart from conventional processes, our terminal also provides an Autogate system situated to the right of the immigration area to enhance the passenger experience. However, it’s important to note that presently, the Autogate service is exclusively accessible to Vietnamese citizens and does not extend to foreigners or overseas Vietnamese. We are working to expand this service to include a broader spectrum of passengers in the near future.
Once you complete step 1, you can move to the baggage claim area to collect luggage.
Step 2: Baggage claim
The baggage claim area is situated next to the immigration zone. There are four conveyor belts here. You can effortlessly identify the appropriate conveyor belt by the displayed flight information on the screen. Oversized items such as golf clubs, bicycles, and strollers are handled separately near conveyor belt number 4 to mitigate the risk of damage. You will find a special shelf for these items just a few steps away.
For any issues with lost or damaged luggage during transportation, we advise passengers to contact the “Lost & Found” department for immediate assistance. Besides, if you are carrying items that necessitate a declaration, you should proceed to customs. You can also find some other services along the way, for example, SIM cards. For passengers requiring a SIM card, it is recommended to make the purchase right here to ensure seamless communication and internet access on mobile devices, as you cannot return to this area later on.
Step 3: Customs
For passengers carrying cigarettes, alcohol, or high-value items, it is necessary to proceed to customs for a further process. Depending on the situation, you may be eligible for duty exemption, reduced duties, or be required to pay additional fees as per the regulations of Vietnamese law.
This marks the final step in the immigration procedure at Da Nang International Terminal. After that, it is time to enjoy your journey.
Step 4: Other services in Arrival Hall
To assist passengers with a smooth start and enrich their spare time while waiting for baggage, below are some other amenities and services:
- Arrival Lounge: a comfortable resting space with sofas and refreshing beverages. It is located right next to the conveyor belt, so you can take advantage of this place to boost your energy while waiting for your luggage.
- Lucky Cafe and Deli Coffee: a relaxing spot within the airport with a diverse menu. Their inviting atmosphere offers a refreshing pause amidst the excitement of your journey as well as the taste of Vietnam for those who love strong coffee.
- Currency Exchange: accepts various currencies such as US Dollar, Thai Baht, Singapore Dollar, Korean Won, Japanese Yen, Hong Kong Dollar, British Pound, Euro, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swiss Franc, etc.
- ATMs: located in the main hall on the ground floor and in Hall A on Level 2 for convenient financial transactions.
- Information desk: a support service that helps passengers with everything: translating, interpreting.v.v..
- Transportation: taxi service and bus system connecting directly to the city center, located at Gate 12.
Besides, Da Nang International Terminal has also prepared a digital guidebook to help passengers discover all the gems of the city, for example, iconic landmarks, cuisine, and recommended activities by locals, along with tips to make the most of your waiting time at the terminal. Just scan the QR code that appears along your way to our terminal; many surprises are awaited!
Last but not least, if you have any questions during this process or need to deal with unexpected issues, please contact the Passenger Support Team (PAT). They are always available at the information desk with the signature blue T-shirt.
May your journey be smooth and pleasant!
Da Nang International Terminal
Address: Da Nang International Airport, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 (236) 381 7878
Follow us to explore more!
Digital Guidebook: https://explore.danangairportterminal.vn