Mid-Autumn Festival 2023: The Intersection of Two Cultures
To celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival, Da Nang International Terminal and Lotte Phu Khanh Duty Free are jointly hosting a special event for passengers from September 27th to September 29th, 2023. Under the theme “Harmonious Moonlight”, this cultural fusion celebration showcases the unique traditions of both Vietnam and South Korea, creating a uniquely festive atmosphere for passengers to enjoy.
Da Nang International Terminal is a meeting place for cultural diversity. More than just promoting the local culture, we strive to create an environment where every traveler can experience cultural respect and understanding.
Regarding the Mid-Autumn Festival, we deeply understand its cultural significance in South Korea. With this in mind, we’ve designed an event that enables Korean passengers to immerse themselves in their rich traditions from the very first moment they step into our terminal. At the same time, we also want to introduce Vietnamese culture to passengers worldwide and enhance their experience through various engaging activities as well as a warm, welcoming festival spirit.
What can you anticipate upon arriving at Da Nang International Terminal during the full moon festival? Here are the highlighted activities designed to engage all your senses and bring you the best of both worlds:
- A confectionery booth that offers a variety of traditional sweets such as green bean cakes, rice cakes, and sesame seed candies for passengers to savor the flavors of both nations.
- A “To he” booth (edible toy figurine) where passengers can enjoy the traditional Vietnamese sculpting art form. Here, every touch of the master’s hands can transform the rice dough into anything you can imagine.
- A captivating paper flower booth that features the traditional art form of the 300-year-old craft village in Hue.
- A mask painting booth that offers the authentic experience of both Vietnamese and South Korean artistic traditions.
Adding to the festivities, the Trung Vuong Theater will join hands, offering cultural exploration through captivating performances, including the Korean fan dance, traditional Vietnamese bamboo dance, the Cuoi and Hang Nga dance (characters from a Vietnamese folktale related to the Mid-Autumn Festival), and a vibrant lion and dragon dance.
To enhance the experience, participants can also partake in traditional folk games from both countries, such as Korean-style paper tearing, Vietnamese traditional pot smashing, and lantern-making, with the chance to take home meaningful souvenirs.
If you are planning to visit Da Nang International Terminal during this special moment, we invite you to stay with us for a little while to share the joys with us.
- Time: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM on September 27th, 28th, and 29th, 2023.
- Location: Arrival Hall’s public area.