MUI NGHE (NGHE CAPE): WHERE DA NANG GREETS THE FIRST LIGHT OF DAWN
With its clear, naturally vibrant waters, pristine and tranquil scenery, and the refreshing touch of sea breeze, Mui Nghe is an ideal gateway to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. If you seek a peaceful haven to indulge in Da Nang’s timeless charm without the crowds, allow us to help you uncover this hidden gem’s allure in the blog spot below.
What makes Mui Nghe worth exploring?
Located on the east side of the Son Tra Peninsula, Mui Nghe, or Nghe Cape, is a healing sanctuary for young hearts. Here, tranquility meets vibrancy, poetic beauty infused by rich experiences, offering a perfect balance of immersive moments for every travel preference.
What sets Mui Nghe apart is that it is the first place in Da Nang to greet the early sun. If you camp overnight, the moment when the beach awakens after a deep slumber with its crimson hue promises to provide a stunning setting and invaluable inspiration for photographing.
Moreover, Mui Nghe itself is also one of the unmissable spots when exploring the Son Tra Peninsula due to its shape. In Vietnamese, “Nghe” is a type of lion. As this cape is similar to a lion’s head, facing the sea, locals name it Mui Nghe or Nghe Cape. If you find yourself here, be sure not to miss the chance to capture a photo with this natural sculptural masterpiece, especially in the early morning!
At Mui Nghe, alongside its natural allure, there are many relaxing activities that await, for example:
- Submerge yourself in the tranquil emerald waters, letting the gentle waves wash away the stresses of daily life.
- Dive in to explore the lively coral reefs and underwater life.
- Try your hand at fishing, allowing your mind to unwind, and relish a day free from hustle and bustle.
- Set up camp with friends, gaze at the starry night, enjoy some drinks, and harmonize with your favorite melodies.
Mui Nghe travel tips:
Getting to Mui Nghe:
- By water: This tranquil option, perfect for scenic enthusiasts, involves a boat ride to the rocky shore. From there, a short walk leads to the foot of Mui Nghe. Keep in mind that this option is only accessible during certain hours, so careful planning is crucial, particularly if you intend to return to the city by day.
- By road: This option is tailored for the adventurous at heart and demands a bit more exertion. To reach Mui Nghe, follow Vo Nguyen Giap Road to Son Tra Mountain, proceed to Linh Ung Pagoda, and then take a right onto the path leading to the thousand-year-old banyan tree. Continue along the small forest trail until you arrive at Mui Nghe. Keep in mind that this route can be challenging, particularly in low-light conditions.
- Ensure you prepare enough food, water, and essential camping supplies for an overnight stay, as nearby services are limited.
- Consider bringing a life jacket for added safety during water activities.
- If camping overnight, check the weather forecast, choose a waterproof tent, and avoid setting up near water sources after dark.
- Practice “Leave No Trace” principles and ensure to clean up any leftovers before leaving to preserve the natural beauty of the area.
At Da Nang International Terminal, we are eagerly awaiting your arrival, ready to provide you with a warm and hospitable welcome. Let us be your gateway to an extraordinary journey filled with unforgettable experiences and cherished memories. See you soon!
Da Nang International Terminal
Address: Da Nang International Airport, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 (236) 381 7878
Follow us to explore more!
Digital Guidebook: https://explore.danangairportterminal.vn